We are always seeking talented and energetic individuals to join our team. We offer opportunities in Production, Design, Customer Service and Sales. See our current job openings listed below. Email resumes to email@example.com or call 215-781-2000 ext. 260.
We are in need of a full-time marker maker to support a very busy production and cutting floor. Must be a team player and enjoy a challenging work environment. Attention to detail a must. We use the PAD System and will train the chosen candidate. We are located in Bristol, PA.
- Must be computer literate.y
- Must have an analytical mindset for problem solving.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Thorough knowledge of garment construction a plus.
- Experience or degree in Manufacturing/Apparel/Fashion/Marketing related field.
- Knowledge of the apparel design & development process from inception through production helpful.
- Marker making experience helpful, but will train.
Junior Pattern Maker
The applicant will work with the Product Development and Design teams to create and produce uniforms and costumes for our multiple catalogs.
- Bachelor degree in Fashion Design, or at least 5 years in the industry
- 1-3 years experience in CAD for fashion (PAD, Gerber)
- Solid understanding of pattern making techniques and theory
- Solid understanding of garment construction and techniques
- Knowledge of knit fabrics and their characteristics
- Proficient in Excel, word, and other Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of Illustrator
- Interpret sketches into patterns for multiple catalogs
- Collaborate with Product Development Manager and team to problem solve new design/construction techniques
- Conduct fit meetings with Designers and Product Development Manager
- Perform all pattern corrections from fit meetings
- Make sample markers for each pattern made
- Sample Costing and Yield Markers for multiple catalogs
Other possible responsibilities:
- Attend Dance Merchant Shows as a representative of AWCT
- Custom Pattern Making
- Data Analysis for end of season meetings
- Flat sketches for price list and overseas development
- Costume Design
Sample Sewing Operator
Responsible for sewing development & production samples for 8 different catalogs and custom designs. Work with sample sewing team to complete all samples by assigned due dates. Partner with Patternmakers, Technical Designers and Designers to advise more workable, cost effective sample construction alternatives while maintaining the design integrity.
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Technical school a plus.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with patternmakers and technical designers to problem solve construction and sewing finishes and advise best garment construction alternatives.
Detect and advise pattern errors for correction prior to release.
Skilled sewer with minimum 5 years sample making experience.
Ability to work with all types of fabrics, but main focus will be on knits.
Ability to work with all types of product including jackets, coats, dresses, pants, tops and accessories.
Experience working with single and double needle sewing machines, coverstitch, triple needle coverstitch, four and five spool marrow and binding machines. Familiar with basic machine care.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Detail - attentive Desired Competencies